A Category Manager opportunity has arisen the in daa Procurement team (Construction and Asset Care Procurement).
This role will be responsible for the sourcing and end to end procurement of various sourcing activities (ranging from small to medium to large spends) and supporting the development of category strategies across relevant business areas. This is a great opportunity for an individual seeking to further develop their career within a challenging and very commercial procurement environment.
- Planning in collaboration with the Category Lead and the relevant business managers the appropriate procurement strategies
- Developing appropriate cross functional teams to assist in planning and specifying the key customer requirements
- Responsible for preparation, tendering, evaluation, negotiation and award of contracts
- Ensuring that the appropriate procedures are in place and adhered to for the tendering, contracting and awarding of contracts (as per above)
- Developing project plans, schedules and contract documentation with the project teams
- Providing on-going support, product and process knowledge as required
- Managing, developing & supporting Category Buyers where relevant
- Promoting good commercial practice and compliance with relevant laws and regulations in the daa
- Ensuring commercial and legally sound contracts are in place for all goods and services including capital requirements.
- Fostering key relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure the service provision offers maximum internal value to the organisation
- Providing advice and contractual support to the relevant business managers from award to completion.
- Managing the supply base across the Category
- Developing appropriate KPI’s, management reports and monitoring progress against agreed objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- At least 3-5 years’ experience within a procurement function acting as a Category Manager
- Can demonstrate strong knowledge of procurement processes and systems with emphasis on public/semi state procurement
- Strong IT skill set
- Strong personal leadership, managing work, communicating effectively and strategic thinking competencies required as identified in daa’s management competencies framework model
- Strong relationship management experience, proven ability of influencing stakeholders and suppliers
- Working knowledge of e-tenders an advantage.
- Committed to daa values